Systems for piping, LNG, cargo handling and water treatment
Make sure that your ship technology is compliant with high standards of safety and quality.
To optimise safety in shipping, all systems need to work properly and reliably. This minimises the dangers for crew, passengers, the cargo and the environment.
DNV offers comprehensive expertise for complex ship systems. Our experts provide compliance assessment to our rules and further international standards.
- Engine room and cargo hold piping and ventilation
- Fire extinguishing systems
- Ballast water management and ballast water treatment systems
- Sewage, bilge and garbage treatment systems
- Low-sulphur fuel systems
- Exhaust gas cleaning systems
- LNG as fuel systems
- Cargo systems for oil tankers, chemical tankers and gas carriers
- Safety systems for tankers
- Integrated machinery systems
- Approval and design assessment according to our recognised DNV rules
- Conformity Assessment according to MARPOL (Annex I to VI) and further international standards
- Support in ensuring compliance with international standards and regulations like SOLAS, MARPOL and USCG
- Technical support for design, calculation, development and training
We also support manufacturers in the development of systems, as well as yards and shipping companies in finding the best solutions for compliance with international regulations.
Benefit from DNV’s 360-degree-service:
- Reputable DNV certification for your products, building trust and confidence with your customers
- Smart certification processes that save you time and money
- Expert support whenever you need it
- Specialists from different fields of expertise who pool their knowledge to provide you with the optimal solution