Deliver safe and reliable products to your customers.
Safe shipping requires that all installations on board function reliably. This can only be ensured if all the components used for such installations meet high standards of quality and safety.
DNV supports your efforts to make safety a priority. We offer broad expertise for mechanical systems and components to be used on board ships, high-speed craft and in other maritime applications.
Our services are based on our DNV rules for classification, international standards such as SOLAS, MED etc. and, when applicable, further industry standards.
We provide design assessment, type approval and specific approval for:
- Watertight and weatherproof doors
- Pipes and pipe connections
- Fuel, lubricating and hydraulic oil filters
- Hoses, compensators and accessories
- Fire-fighting equipment
- Fire sleeves for non-metallic hose assemblies
- Metallic and non-metallic compensators
- Tank equipment
- Separators and homogenisers
- Measurement equipment
- Lashing equipment
At DNV you benefit from:
- Smooth certification processes leading to high safety standards
- Expertise and technical support for your products whenever you need it
- Reputable DNV certification that builds trust and confidence with your customers